[Western] Regional fighter practice

agnarr agnarr at suddenlink.net
Fri Aug 1 00:52:14 PDT 2008

Your Excellency,
   I was only wanting you to know that I deeply appreciated the horses your
guard was giving me when I passed through your lands. Your Guards was very
adamant that they were 'A gift for the wondrous U'.  I am by no means
wondrous, and will be the first to say so, but these fine guards of yours
were so polite, how could I refuse?   I was surprised at the time that they
did not say anything or even rise from their rest under the trees to see me
off when I left them, but I thought that they were just tired.  But from
your message and its tone makes me hope that nothing ill has happened to
them, as I have never meant harm to your guards, or to you; as doing so
would be as if I was causing harm to the Crown itself.  If something ill has
occurred to them, I suggest that one not eat the afore mentioned fish.
Maybe that fishmonger can shed some light on the fish.
   If these horse were not meant for me, then I will return them to you, or
your guards, and until such time that they are returned, I will stop using
them to work my fields.  You after all these years should know that I do not
intentionally go about causing harm to others, but since you started
building that new wall, a lot of shady characters and individuals of ill
repute have been traveling thru this area.  I have not been this concerned
about the individuals on the roads and in this area since the late Respoili
was around and causing trouble.
    As for the individuals that recently came to my manor claiming to be tax
collectors, I suspect that they were not from the Crown, for those
individuals who come from the Kingdom to collect the taxes due, wear the
livery of the Kingdom proudly, have proper identification,and paperwork
showing what I am to pay, and carry themselves as a person who is about the
Kings business.  In addition, when the true tax collectors arrive to collect
the Kingdom's due, they are most courteous and have a manner that properly
reflects the greatness of this Kingdom.
    The one's that recently showed up here, however, did not wear the proper
livery, had no form of identification to show that they were about the
business of the Kingdom.  In fact, they carried no paperwork to show what I
was to pay, which is by itself suspicious.  As who has ever heard of a
tax-man without his ledger showing what an individual is to pay?  I imagine,
that even in your Barony, your Reeves keeps plenty of proper records that
show what is due in taxes, by the individuals members of Bonwicke, and what
they have already paid in the past several years.
    These individuals were very suspicious to me; not only by their manners,
which was very rude, but by their whole demeanor.  Each of them was so hard
to understand by their speech, that I at first, thought they had rocks in
their mouths.  These individuals were disrespectful, not only to my
household, but also to the banner of the Kingdom which is displayed with
pride on the wall of my manor.  In fact my friend, I had to stop one of them
from using it to wipe his hands and face on when he finished drinking
something out of a bladder he carried, that smelled like spoiled milk.
     They were also extremely shabby looking in their appearance. Not only
was their skin very dirty, but also their clothes, which was filthy, ragged,
full of holes, and was very smelly, as if they spent a lot of their time on
horseback.   Trust me they were not about the King's business.
     If you wish I will gladly sit down and discuss this matter in person
with you at the upcoming fighter practice, on the 11th.

I remain in Service to the Kingdom and the Dream.

Agnarr