[Western] News Flash: Grain Prices Fall

rizardo dartusio rizardodartusio at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 08:06:41 PDT 2008

This News Flash is brought to you by  "The Trelac Guard"   "The Trelac Guard is looking for a few good men and women.  If you think you have what it takes to be a member of the "Guard"  and wear the white and blue, stop by our recruiting office in down-shire Trelac."

And now the News:
Residents of Trelac and Bonwicke are overjoyed.  Grain prices, high these many months due to the threat of war between Bonwicke and Trelac have finally begun to fall.  A new granary, located between Bonwicke and Trelac, has just opened this week and is offering great deals on grain.  Manager Brian Oats  says the Blacklake Granary has an abundance of wheat, oats and barley at very reasonable prices.  Brewers, bakers, livestock producers, cooks and even housekeepers have been begun lining up to take advantage of these great new grain prices.

When interviewed as to what effects, if any, the new Blacklake Granary is having on their business, John MacAdams of the Trelac Granary,  said  "We don't know how they are doing it.   Because of a shortage of grain locally, the price we are paying for grain is more than they are selling it for.  Our grain sales this year have been extremely low, and, with the added competition of 'Blacklake Granary,' our sales are now almost zero.  If things don't improve soon, we'll have to shut our operations down."  He added, "we've been in business for over 50 years serving the grain needs of the western region.  Who would have ever thought it would come to this."

Residents are still speculating as to who owns this new Blacklake granary, and why it has decided to locate to this under populated region of  western  Ansteorra.  People are also wondering where the granary is obtaining their grain.  An excessively hot and dry summer in the western region has not been good for local grain production, and local farmers, having barely enough grain to meet their own needs,  have had very little excess grain to sell.

Although these and other questions remain unanswered, for now residents of Trelac and Bonwicke are just greatful that the price of grain has finally come down.