[Western] Dissolution of the Western Region and Several Shires

Charlie Cain / Larkin O'Kane larkinokane at suddenlink.net
Mon Jan 7 07:42:13 PST 2008

Michael Ekelmann wrote:
> I will be leaving this fair kingdom in a few months on
> His Mundane Majesty's service, ne'er to return, and I
> had hoped to carry naught but happy memories.  That
> this turn of events must be my last memory of
> Ansteorra grieves me to no end.  I will carry fond
> memories of all the gentles I have met, reveled and
> fought with in my short time in the kingdom.
> I remain,
>
> Yours in Service
> Lord Fearghus Macildubh

Ah Lord Fearghus, the Western Region of Ansteorra still lives.  Just as
the Western Alliance still lives.  *In the minds and hearts of her people. *
Kingdom cannot change that. Milpitas cannot change that.  This is just
another rut in the road of life that has captured the wheel of our wagon
for awhile in this game that we love to play.  We have committed to
Kingdom and Crown and have accepted their commitment to us.

Master Pug says " This drastic decision is supported unanimously by the
Crown and GreatOfficers of State because we feel it is what is right for
the kingdom."  If this is true then I fear that the Crown and GOOFS have
lost sight of what is important in this game that we play and it is NOT
increased numbers, it is NOT a broader base for officers, it is NOT
being able to amass paper reports...etc... etc... etc...  It is [and in
my opinion should be] a place where people who do these things for a
mundane living can learn and practice a more genteel life style. And the
place of the Crown and GOOFS is to keep the mundane authorities off our
backs so that we are free to pursue THIS DREAM that we play.  NOT TO
TELL US HOW TO PLAY IT!!!!
.
This is honor,  this is chivalry. This is why we play this game. And
this is why the people of the Western Region will survive this bump in
the road.

In service to the dream, I remain

The Honorable Lord Larkin O'Kane
Kingdom of Ansteorra,