[Western] Vivat

rizardo dartusio rizardodartusio at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 16:23:07 PST 2008

Thank you for your kind words and I am pleased that you were able to use the pictures.

While I didn't get a chance to comment before on Lady Blackthorne's piece, I too have been yet again amazed by the eloquence and depth of feeling expressed in hers and all the other postings about these most recent events.  Being so new myself to the SCA, I am not all that familiar with the character of the other regions, but I am greatly impressed with the character of the Western Region.  I would hope that our leaders would soon realize what a valuable asset we are and help us survive this tragedy, but I have no doubt that with or without their help, the spirit of the Western Region will live on in its people.  I will always be proud to be a member of this region whatever it is called and consider it extremely good fortune that it was here among these people that I was initiated into the SCA.

Vivat the Western Region

Rizardo

P.S. While I took some of the pictures, edited and posted them, Celonise gets credit for much of the photography, I was too busy worrying about my fencing.