[Western] Missive to HE Gavin

barongavin at suddenlink.net barongavin at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 11 11:02:49 PDT 2008

Good and Noble Brother and Cousin,

If you are not capable of protecting your lands against raiders of any kind, perhaps you should instate a guard of your own since I know of none currently serving in this position.  However, now that we’ve come to the point of building walls, this action has come to disturb me greatly.  I find it wholly inappropriate that one should divide our fair kingdom with a wall, be it one of wattle-and-daub, of stone and mortar, or a white picket fence. If you should be so callous as to offend those who have so staunchly supported you in the past, then I will not stop my Civic Guard from tearing down a wall which divides our fair kingdom.

Though if you are truly searching to seek offence – your tone when you refer to my “Civic Guard” is an insult not only to me but to the whole Shire; I would pit my Civic Guard against you and yours any day.  In fact, I invite the rest of the kingdom of Ansteorra to stand with the Shire of Trelac, and let us teach this wayward, wall-building Baron his place and that no wall, no matter how high and of what materials made, may divide this fair kingdom!

So in language you might understand, Your Excellency…Bring it, y’all!  Neener-neener!

Baron Gavin
Seneschal - Trelac