[Western] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 26, Issue 53

HE Chiang chiang at nts-online.net
Tue Jun 17 18:37:21 PDT 2008

  My Dear Friend,
I did not believe you could be so easily deceived. I have always held
Blacklake and it people, in the highest of regards. I have always felt like
it was a home away from home, so to speak. I have been its named defender
more times than just about anyone else. Has it not occurred to you that the
message you intercepted was to set up Bonwicke and myself? As far as not
denying the tax collectors, or their being mine, I have sent no tax
collectors to Blacklake or Crossroads for that matter. I have sent no one
except a few surveyors, fence builders and a few men to guard them.
  My feelings about tax collectors is well known, and has been low these
many years. More than one tax collectors has met his match with me. Granted
things have not been as well in western Ansteorra, lately, but still I have
seen no cause to send anyone to collect any taxes. I think instead that many
are trying to use old rumors and lies about me toward their own ends.
  May haps one day soon, the west will be calm again.
  I am and remain, humbly your friend,
  Chiang