[Western] Very Sad News

Kathryn Childress safiye1 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 09:10:14 PDT 2008

Bridget - Thank you so much for looking into this!!!  The family is currently in transit but as soon as I can reach them I'll advise them of the rates and your kind works.   Thank you again for your kindness.

Safiye> From: bridgetthestargazer at hotmail.com> To: western at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:18:34 -0500> Subject: Re: [Western] Very Sad News> > I posted a little while ago about working at one of Abilene's hotels. I just talked to my manager and he said that we do have a bereavement rate. It's 20% off the Best Available Rate (BAR). Right now the BAR is $89.00 plus tax. This rate changes based on occupancy. Meaning the fuller the hotel the higher the rate.> > So, if you'll be coming to Abilene for the funeral and do not have crash space elsewhere, La Quinta could be another option. I'd suggest making a reservation ASAP to lock in the lowest possible rate. When calling ask for the bereavement rate. La Quinta in Abilene's phone number is (325) 676-1676. When you hear the automated answer, push zero to get to the front desk.> > While typing this it occurred to me that some might think I'm trying to make money for my place of employment and taking advantage of a tragedy. I know many of you don't know me but please believe that this is simply an offer to try to help those who would like to attend this funeral.> > If you have questions, post here or email me offlist at bridgetthestargazer at hotmail.com> > Trying to help,> Bridget