[Western] Administrative Sanction for AmaRyah

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Wed Sep 10 22:42:21 PDT 2008

Dear Mr. Reeds
I am not on the senechal list so my reply will not get to you.

In recent times it seems like the SCA is not playing fair. For example the dissolving of the the 5 groups in the West and weirdness with shires in the kingdom and all these sanctions against people.

It seems people go along and then they are sanctioned and when they ask why they are told they won't get the charges until they appeal.

Big Springs, Cross road Keep didn't get anything until they appealed. Master Caelin didn't get anything.

I like to study history but I really like the US justice system. I am not a fan of the French system. The way we have been treating people  sounds like they are  assumed guilty first and then they have to prove their innocences. Medieval law is just too unfair.

You would be right about following the appeal system if the people in the West thought they had a chance for a fair deal. Many of our populace have tried to follow the rules and gotten no where.

It is possible that the SCA is not breaking any codes by their actions but Civil action is the American way of getting corporation to change policies.

I do not believe that the way Ansteorra has been dealing with problems and people reflect the values we claim to respect. Ligation will not force the SCA inc. to act with courtesy because that value is not controlled with laws but if it makes the SCA make sure of it facts and stop people from acting on rumor and hearsay and set up a due process then it will do some good.

There are two ways change something in a volunteer organization that won't listen to its members. You can sue or you can produce a public out cry. As far as I can see all other pathways have been closed to us by politicians.

People follow pathways of appeals when they believe in the good faith of the leaders and officers. If they lose faith then they are forced to seek other solutions.
Willow de Wisp
Willow Taylor