[Western] Fashion Show

rizardo dartusio rizardodartusio at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 08:02:56 PDT 2008

I know that it is still a ways off, but, if you haven't started thinking about it yet, it's time to start planning your wardrobe for the fashion event of the season:  the first annual  Fashion Show at "Champion's for Children" in Trelac (Downtown San Angelo, Dec 6).

This is the second year for "Champions for Children,"  and this year, we thought it would be nice instead of just walking around in our garb at the event, that we actually model it and tell the mundanes a little bit about it and ourselves.  We will have a changing area, stage and a professional M.C. for the event, we just need a little help from all of you.

At the very least, can you let me know if you're planning to be in the show.  We would like as many "volunteers" as possible.  That saves us from rounding up the "voluntolds" just before the show.  Remember, we need men as well as women, and yes, modeling armor as well as garb is encouraged (especially you Gabriel) :)

What would really make our M.C.'s job a lot easier is to have a little advanced information .  So, could tell us a little bit about the garb (time period, region, materials, and anything else you think is interesting) and, tell us a little about yourself (mundane & SCA name and a little about your persona and/or what you do in the SCA).  For example:  I am Rizardo d'Artusio (Richard Best) and I am a rapier fighter and Hospitaler of Trelac.

I would appreciate getting your information as soon as possible so the M.C. can start working on it.  Don't worry about providing us too much info., it's easier to cut and to make stuff up.

Rizardo d'Artusio