[Western] Dance Update

rizardo dartusio rizardodartusio at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 16:11:37 PST 2009

We have just finalized the location of our Medieval and Renaissance Dance workshop and dance.  The San Angelo Fine Arts Museum has graciously offered us free space for this event.  They normally charge for the use of their facilities, but are very interested in what the SCA can bring to the San Angelo art scene.

We also have a firm commitment from the dancers from Bryn Gwalad to come and provide much of the instruction for this event.  They are also in the process of trying to recruit musicians as well.  The event is scheduled for Feb. 28 starting at 1:00 pm.  There will be a dance workshop from 1 - 5 with a two hour break for dinner followed by a formal dance at 7:00.  The mundane community is being invited to participate with us so we need a strong SCA presence.

I hope everyone to whom this missive reaches will try to attend this event, if only to add costume and color.  The Fine Arts Museum sponsored a similar event focusing on the Chinese community last weekend and 400 people showed up.  This is a chance for us to show the arts community of San Angelo what the SCA is all about.  There is no charge for the event, and we may be able to arrange free lodging for out-of-towners.

In Service
Rizardo d'Artusio
P.S.  I would most appreciate you letting me know off list if you plan to attend or not so we can better plan the logistics for this event.   Thanks