[Western] A brief note of thanks...

kate mills serafinadegratia at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 21:27:26 PDT 2010

Greetings Good Gentles of Bonwicke and the outlying area-

Another Champions is behind us, and I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks.  First and foremost, I must thank Their Excellencies, Sir Chiang and the lovely Wuya, for allowing me the honor of stewarding their event. It is always a priviledge.
I would like to thank Her Majesty, her gracious entourage, and in fact all our friends who risked the weather and traveled from far and wide to share the day with us. Bonwicke is honored to know you all.
My thanks to the many members of House Hospitaller, who tirelessly performed the million little tasks that usually go unnoticed: Ld Galen the Crazed, who cheerfully undertook to fetch and tote at my every whim; Ld Alaric, who sat in for each and every gate shift and kept track of the money, and who also built and maintained the website;  HE Kainin who took feast reservations, fielded questions, helped at gate, poured our site tokens, and with the help of Galen and Alaric set the road signs directing everyone to our event; and HE Oriana, who decorated the hall, organized the prize baskets and served a beautiful and delicious Noble’s Luncheon. Thank you all.

Many thanks to the feast steward, Sir Daniel de Bourdon, and his co-steward, HE Mistress Druinne de Salesberie, and all the lovely young ladies of their kitchen.  I could not have asked for a better feast, and would surely not find one if I did. Thank you all for travelling so far and putting in the long hot hours to feed our guests. I know that no one went away hungry!

Thank you to HE Safiye, who is always ready to lend her time and the benefit of her experience. Thank you for being available at the list, for teaching the seneschal’s class, and for everything else you do for this group and this kingdom.

There are countless others who contributed and participated in the event, and for that, I thank you all. Champions of Bonwicke is a very special event to me, and I feel very lucky to have such wonderful people to share it with!

Thank you all,
Serafina