[Wiesenfeuer] Minister of Arts and Sciences

Darren Mize wilhelm_meis at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 20:27:55 PDT 2015

Greetings Wiesenfeuer!

I am your new Minister of Arts and Sciences, HL Wilhelm Meis. Simon was a great MoAS and his tenure was an exciting time for arts and sciences in Wiesenfeuer. As I step into the office I will be working with Simon to ensure a smooth hand-off and to maintain the same schedule of activities as much as possible.

Sadly, we will not be able to use the wonderful facilities at Camp Dakani for a while, due to building renovations and Campfire activities going on there over the summer. But YOU, the incredible members of Wiesenfeuer, have stepped up to make sure we don't miss a beat in spite of all these changes. Due to YOUR volunteer efforts, we will still get to have A&S night at 7pm the 2nd Thursday of each month, including this month!

So mark your calendars for May 14th and June 11th. We have very exciting classes planned for those two nights. The May class will be naalbinding (string manipulation) for adults AND YOUTH, taught/hosted by Erma Gerd at her home in NW OKC. Please contact her, Grimolfr or myself if you need the address/directions. Bring your kids, and there will be crafty fun for the whole family!

June 11th will be a metal casting class in Edmond. I will post more details on that later. The plan is to continue this roving monthly A&S night, at the same time but a different place each month, until we are able to settle back down at our permanent location once more.

For those who don't know me very well, I got my first start in the SCA here in Wiesenfeuer in AS XXX and have moved a lot since then. I've lived in five different kingdoms and now I'm home to stay. Thank you so much for this opportunity to serve in my home barony. Vivat Wiesenfeuer! Make all the things!

In service,
HL Wilhelm Meis