[Wiesenfeuer] Award recommendations for Yule!

Ivo Blackhawk herald at wiesenfeuer.ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 12 21:32:48 PDT 2022

TLDR: YOU NEED TO SUBMIT AWARD RECOMMENDATIONS!
See below for how to do that.

If you have questions, you can contact myself), Baroness  Muirenn Ingen
Chernaig ( Baroness at Wiesenfeuer.Ansteorra.org) ,or Baroness Beatrix
Alfrayr ( Baron at Wiesenfeuer.Ansteorra.org )

**********************
Kingdom Awards -
This website contains all of the awards given by the crown of Ansteorra:
https://ansteorra.org/heraldry/orders-and-awards/
These are four videos I produced that talk about the awards given out by
the king and queen of Ansteorra.
Lets Talk #39 - The Non Armigerous Awards of Ansteorra
https://youtu.be/aPu3Ue3Y3XE
Lets Talk #40 - The Armigerous Awards of Ansteorra
https://youtu.be/DVGzmwU35zs
Let's Talk #41 - The Grant Awards of Ansteorra
https://youtu.be/ARNCR-weW70
Lets Talk #42 the Peerages of the SCA
https://youtu.be/awuQR7Z1nLk
The Ansteorran Award Recommendation form (kingdom awards)
https://docs.google.com/.../1FAIpQLSdg5M5S6mLhLV.../viewform

**********************

The awards given by the territorial royally of Vindheim:
note: The name of these awards are still being reviewed, so they are
likely to change. However, the concepts behind them will very likely
not. so using these names for now is still allowed.
Bastion - There shall exist in Vindheim an Order which shall be given by
the Vindheim Coronet(s) only once per reign unto such persons who
exemplify the spirit of the Dream in Vindheim and inspire the populace
to greater deeds and service. The candidate should be  a person that
Vindheim relies upon for the betterment of the Principality, using their
skills and talents, and by whose absence the Principality would be
greatly deprived of a valuable member.  This Order shall be called the
Order of the Bastion of Vindheim, hereinafter referred to as the Order.
Crimson firebolt - this is an award commemorative of a martial event of
excellence that the Coronet has personally witnessed.

Golden Comb -  If you know about bees, you understand that a honey bee's
lifespan is only a month or two. When bees are collecting nectar in the
spring, it's for the benefit of future generations of bees that don't
yet exist, and they will never see. With a youth order, we wanted to
evoke that feeling of the passage of time. The youth of Vindheim who
excel as minors, even despite the limitations of their age and
circumstances--- we expect them to continue to excel as they grow into
their majority. With an order, you are admitted once... but even though
only youth are admitted, you never age out. It is fully our expectation
that, someday, during court, when the newest member is welcomed into the
Order, everyone will be able to look around and realize that amongst the
Knights and the MODs, the Laurels and the Pelicans, the Landeds and
perhaps even the Crown or the Coronet at the time... that amongst their
ranks are so many members of the Order of the Golden Comb of Vindheim
welcoming a new youth with the promise of the future into their midst.
I'd like to welcome Brendan and Patrick Isaacson as the premiere members
of the Order.

Golden Dove - members of the territorial royalty who were consort to the
winner of the tournament.
The Award of the Clavis of Vindheim. Clavis is Latin for key, and the
key represents the trust and confidence of the Coronet. Each Coronet
gifts their own key, somehow unique/identifiable to them as a token of
gratitude, and the recipient carries the key in the future as a visible
sign of the gratitude of that particular Coronet for their service and
support. These are the people who take an entourage shift at an event,
attend the Coronet, help with set-up and tear-down, and otherwise take
time out of their event to personally help the Coronet with all the
practicalities of the day.
The Award of the Clavis Clavium of Vindheim. This is Latin for "key of
keys", and the holders of these also carry the token of a key that is
somehow unique/identifiable to each Coronet. These keys are to be
somehow fancier or more elaborate than the Clavis keys from the same
reign. The Clavis Clavium are tokens of gratitude from the Coronet to
their core entourage-- the ones who spent countless hours
behind-the-scenes, the ones who went above and beyond, the entourage
whose counsel, moral support, discretion, energy, and extensive personal
service were critical to the success of that particular Coronet.

The Order of the Silver Fountain. These people are recognized for using
performance art to serve the people around them. Whether they're
musicians who lend to the ambiance, or singers, or bards, or heralds who
are crying site/announcing pairings/introducing a procession/making
court happen--- these are the people whose public performances make our
day better.

The Order of the Wellspring. Just as performance arts tend to be very
public, there are artists who use art in a far more private way in order
to benefit everyone around them. These are the people we rely on to be
an endless source of all-the-things in terms of artistry. Whether
they're the scribal teams who spend hundreds of hours making sure we
have amazing scrolls to commemorate events, or whether they're the
woodworkers who build things, or the banner makers, or the jewelers and
metalsmiths, or the people who generously open their homes and lend
their skill to make sure everyone is well-dressed, or the armorers whose
workshops are always open--- these are the people who serve via their art.

The Order of the Crimson Bowl. This order is our friendship award,
recognizing those who do not currently reside within our zip codes, but
whose love, dedication, and service make them truly one of us in spirit.
This recognizes the depth of that service, extending the bowl of
friendship and inviting them to be part of our Vindheim family. It comes
with certain privileges connected to it--- giving them the right to have
their voices heard when the Vindheim populace is polled on their
opinions, as well as allowing them the right to compete for ceremonial
championships. Because it comes with some very special privileges, this
one is restricted to a maximum of two new members per Coronet reign.

Award recommendations can be made by emailing their Serene Highnesses at
their officer email accounts:
Prince Jean Paul de Sens - prince at vindheim.ansteorra.org
Princess Gilyan Clonmacnoise - princess at vindheim.ansteorra.org

The Baronial Awards of the Barony of Wiesenfeuer.

The list of Baronial Awards that the Landed Nobility can give:
https://ansteorra.org/wiesenfeuer/baronial-awards/

The Wiesenfeuer Awards Recommendation form:
https://docs.google.com/.../1FAIpQLSf.../viewform