[Ansteorra-announce] Royal Huntsman...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Mar 1 05:03:11 PST 2005

Good Morning,

  I am enclosing some words from the previous Royal Huntsman, who shot
  as the dreaded and deadly bye, regarding the tournament that was held
  this last weekend.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Don Christoforo of the Gates Edge area is the new Royal Huntsman.

The finals got down to 3 crossbowmen (Arcarius Jon, Arcus Moreg, and
Master Pug) and archer Don Christoforo. Her Majesty selected an armadillo
target for the semifinal target at about 25 yards. Don Christoforo
turned him into a porcupine with 5 of 6 arrows and the 6th glancing
off and Master Pug right behind him in his half of the semifinals.
At Her Majesties pleasure a 3D rabbit was placed at about 30 yds which
Don Christoforo once again filled with 4 arrows. An outstanding day for
Don Christoforo but a poor day for the targets.

The field was downhill with 14 archers and crossbowmen competing in a
double elimination random pairing tourney with many varied and interesting
targets and scenarios such as a wreath shoot and a save the king shoot.

Arcus Jacques the Spink

  Vivat Don Christoforo! You will serve Their Majesties well as the
  newest Royal Huntsman.

In Service,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And I ain't in it for the power
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   And I ain't in it for my health