ANST - planning calendar

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sun Feb 1 17:13:32 PST 1998

On  2 Feb 98 at 0:44, RoBert Knaus wrote:

> Well that would be a good plan, except that the "new Millenium"
> won't be for another year after that....  New century doesn't start
> until the year 1  (after all most people start counting 1, 2, 3...
> instead of 0, 1, 2....)

depends on view point ... technically you may be right, but try to
tell that to the millions that will be celebrating it at
2000:00:00:00 ....

lets see ... scsi drive 0:1:2, ide drive 0:1 .... the computer
millenium effect - at midnight 99 it shifts to 00 and time goes
back a century (ok bad example) ... when counting, something is
always one more than previous, one less than next, so one is one more
than zero, and zero is one more than -one ... all my xyz coordinate
systems converge at zero .... hmmm, logically counting begins at zero
(and we won't even get into the zen of the matter)

... is that fenris i hear rattling his chain in the distance? or is
it a great serpent that is preparing to return to midgaard?  maybe a
ragnorak theme would be in order ???

++g

'wolf

... in diversity there is strength