ANST - You know what's coming

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Feb 18 08:00:07 PST 1998

Keith Hood said something that sounded like:
> You can draw new people into the SCA, form more groups in different
> places, have more tournaments closer to home, etc., now, without busting
> up the kingdom.  All it takes is the willingness to do it.

And a lot more weekends in the year.

Part of the problem is that as a Kingdom, we have 3 or 4 events every
weekend.

Some groups are suffering because people do not have any inherent loyalty
to them even if they are closeby. Creating Principalities will give that
loyalty to a goodly number of folks and in turn help the events that might
have had low attendance otherwise.

This is also why the Crown is so busy. They can not be at all places at
once to help recognize those whom deserve it. It's just not the same
getting an award from the local noble than it is from the Crown or
Coronet. These are the types of things that help people truly believe in
"the Dream".

This is why the Kingdom Officers are so busy. There is a lot of business
going on every weekend. Even with the regional paper pushers, it's still
a lot of work for the top. Some of this work will be diverted by
Principalities since not all of the paperwork will need to be passed up.
(Well the Herald's office might be the exception.)

Just my opinions.

Ciao,