ANST - You know what's coming

Donald Walker walkerd at hub.ofthe.net
Wed Feb 18 16:39:58 PST 1998

Pug Bainter wrote:

> Keith Hood said something that sounded like:
> > You can draw new people into the SCA, form more groups in different
> > places, have more tournaments closer to home, etc., now, without busting
> > up the kingdom.  All it takes is the willingness to do it.
>
> And a lot more weekends in the year.
>
> Part of the problem is that as a Kingdom, we have 3 or 4 events every
> weekend.

A Principality will not ease pressure on the Kingdom Calendar. If a
group in the P of ? is having an event it will still be on the Kingdom
Calendar. If you are in a P there will be at least four protected
weekends you will loose ( 2 Coronet tourneys and two coronations) as a
possibility for your event.
> Some groups are suffering because people do not have any inherent loyalty
> to them even if they are closeby. Creating Principalities will give that
> loyalty to a goodly number of folks and in turn help the events that might
> have had low attendance otherwise.

 Very good point. If Bugtussel is having an event and it is five hours
closer than Steppes this would be a help in keeping the home folks
around.

> This is also why the Crown is so busy. They can not be at all places at
> once to help recognize those whom deserve it. It's just not the same
> getting an award from the local noble than it is from the Crown or
> Coronet. These are the types of things that help people truly believe in
> "the Dream".

> This is why the Kingdom Officers are so busy. There is a lot of business
> going on every weekend. Even with the regional paper pushers, it's still
> a lot of work for the top. Some of this work will be diverted by
> Principalities since not all of the paperwork will need to be passed up.
> (Well the Herald's office might be the exception.)

> Just my opinions.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase

BINGO! A Prince and Princess to ease the royal burden and administrative
help that is badly needed. A Principality  or two makes good common
sense. You don't even have to grow up and leave home. Also add Treasurer
to those passing paperwork up to a higher level.
        Garth