ANST - P-word

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Feb 18 22:56:35 PST 1998

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Ron Brooks <bjorn9 at juno.com> wrote:
> I feel that no group be it Canton, Shire, or Barony or
> what have you should be forced into becoming part of a
> Principality

They can't be, by Corpora:

    2. Principalities.  A principality is a part of a
    kingdom which has the right to select a reigning Prince
    and Princess by combat.  A branch or contiguous group of
    branches within a kingdom may petition for principality
    status if the resulting entity would fulfill the
    requirements listed below. ...

         d. Consensus favoring advancement in branch status,
         among the members in the proposed principality.

If a canton, shire, or barony didn't want to be in the
p-word, they presumably wouldn't join the petition.  If
their officers snuck one by the group, the mandatory polling
(how the consensus is judged for p-word or k-word
advancement) would, I hope, bring it out.

Danielis Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.