ANST - Winterkingdom Thanks

Harmosk at aol.com Harmosk at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 07:52:30 PST 1998

I just wanted to write a quick note ( late I know, been not feeling so hot,
this pregnancy is a PAIN!) and say how much I enjoyed the small amount of time
I was able to be at Winterkingdom.

We didn't get there until Saturday around noon, but we got smiles from
everyone we saw. ( a nice thing when you know almost no one) The people we
*had* met remembered and said hello to us!

Joshua (5) and I were welcomed into the kitchen and put to task doing
something that even he could help with. I appriciate that, and I know he did
too. When Joshua had gotten tired, a wonderful little boy came and "adopted"
him. He had such a good time! Made me promise that we'd do it again. He went
to "class" where he got a great wire ring ( and told me all about how you make
them) and I didn't see him hardly at all until we left. That's uncommon for
me, being a very careful kind of mother.

When it was time for the class I really wanted to attend ( which was a *VERY*
good class that I've already put to use) I started toward the area with Morgan
(2) hoping she would rest through it and I could stay, and a lovely young lady
of about 15 offered (shocked look) to take Morgan for the duration of the
class! What a wonderful gesture! I got to enjoy the class and Morgan, I'm
sure, had a much better time than sitting on my lap. At the end of the class,
as promised, there she was with Morgan. :)

I just thought you all should know that despite all the horror stories you
hear about trying to find friends in a new (different) SCA group, you all have
been wonderful, and my family will continue to help in any way we can.

My thanks,
Sarah