ANST - Kingdom growth

Jerry Dreifuerst morganson at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:46:07 PST 1998

Othar here,

   In the many parts of the kingdom I have had the priviledge to visit
in the past 7 years, (gosh it doesn't seem that long) I have gained
quite a few new friends.  Distance, and travel time, make it difficult
to attend events on the other side of the kingdom, however, good
planning and scheduling can make trips to Bonwick (600mi.,100 mi.
farther than Gulf Wars) or Oklahoma worth the effort.  A
principality/new kingdom would only be another barrier to face when
choosing which events to attend.  It's closer to Meridies (the Louisiana
border) than it is to Jones Country where our local group holds events,
yet I've never been to a Meridian event other than G.W.s.  I know the
end responsibility is mine in looking for the right event to attend, yet
I feel another *border* to cross would hinder, not help events grow.
Perhaps Ansteorra could enlarge its borders and we could annex portions
of our surrounding neighbors land that maybe they don't defend well
enough.  Toss me in with Kief, I'm for keeping the Kingdom we have.

Jerry Dreifuerst            SCA: Othar Morganson
Houston, Texas                   Stargate, Ansteorra
jerryd at neosoft.com               morganson at hotmail.com