ANST - elfsea springfair

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Feb 26 21:40:32 PST 1998

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Donald Riney wrote:
> Included all will find a txt,  copy of the add for elfsea
> springfaire come join us!!!
> Darius of the Bells dariusobells at hotmail.com

The more that the standard conventions of written English
are avoided, the more difficult it is to read (or decode)
the message.  If I had only a few messages per day I
wouldn't care quite so much, but just this morning I had 113
messages waiting.  I suggest

    Included, all will find a text copy of the ad for Elfsea
    Spring Faire.  Come join us!

> begin 600 ELFSEA~1.TXT
> M#0I%;&9S96$@4W!R:6YG9F%I<F4L($UA>2 Q+3,L(#$Y.3 at -"D-O;G-T86YT
> M:6YO<&QE(&EN($9L86UE<R$A#0H-"@DB268@;F]W(&ET(&ES('EO=7(@=VES
> M:"!T;R!S879E('EO=7)S96QF+"!/($5M<&5R;W(L('1H97)E(&ES(&YO(&1I

You'd better check your mailer, as that doesn't look like
text to me!  (Unless I'm supposed to unfocus my eyes to see
a 3D pattern?)  I have the uudecode program, which can
decode such text, and I reproduce it here (with carriage
returns removed and long lines broken):

Elfsea Springfaire, May 1-3, 1998
Constantinople in Flames!!

	"If now it is your wish to save yourself, O Emperor,
there is no difficulty.  For we have much money and there is
the sea, here is the boats, For as myself, I approve a
certain ancient saying that the royal purple is a good
burial shroud."  (Attributed to Empress Theodora.)

	Pray all gentles come join us at Elfsea Springfaire.
Come bear witness to the Nika revolts of Constantinople.
Fighters come find out what it means to survive the "Burning
Snowball"!  The Burning Snowball is a progressive melee
based in a burning city!  Prizes given for winner, best
death, and most original weapon.  Weapons must follow SCA
safety standards.

	Bards of Ansteorra, the new Titled Bard of Elfsea
will be chosen.  We welcome entertainers of all types for
the traditional Elfsea King of Fools competition.

	Artisans, bring out your Roman and Byzantine work
for all to praise!  Join in the Frugal Costuming Competition
(documented garb for under $25).  Drumming and Dancing
competition is sponsored by Ly. Daungerous the Red.  Prizes
to be awarded.  Brewers and Vintners come one and all for a
most fantastic competition.  Archery and Light Weapons
competitions.  Children's activities and competitions
including A&S display and archery.  Word fame of all our
winners will continue long after the event is over!

	Don't miss the spectacular feast being prepared by
Mistress Reginleif Ragnarsdottir.  Please bring your table
for our outdoor feast.  Feast is limited to 150 people, so
call the Stewards for reservations now!

	Site is wet, period containers only.  No pets or
animals save handicap service animals.  Minors must be
accompanied by parent or legal guardian, or have a notarized
waiver of consent.  Make checks payable to SCA Inc. Barony
of Elfsea.

	Site will open at 2:00 PM on Friday and close at
1:00 Sunday.  This is our normal site at Kountry Junktion RV
Park outside of Burleson, Texas.  Site is semi-primitive
(there is water).

	Adults	  Children 6-12	    Children 5 & under
Site	$7.00	      $4.00	           Free
Feast	$6.00	      $4.00	           Free

Merchants are welcome!

Stewards			Head Chef
Ld. Darius of the Bells		Mistress Reginlief Ragnarsdottir
Ly Rosalia O Brogan		(817) 731-4670
504 B Oakwood Ln		No Calls after 10 PM
Arlington,  TX  76012
(817) 459-2504
No Calls after 10 PM

Any questions concerning any competitions should be directed
to the Stewards.

There will also be a meeting of the Central Regional
Seneschals on Saturday.

Directions:

>From North, I35-W, go south past I-20 to Burleson.
Bethesda Rd. is just past Hwy 174. Exit #32

>From South, Best rt to I35-W Take Exit #32 For
Bethesda Rd

Site is one block west on Bethesda

Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com