ANST - Minor Waiver/Permit to Treat

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Thu Feb 26 16:34:07 PST 1998

Lorraine wrote:
> A general permit to treat waiver would include:
>
> 1. "I LEGALNAME1 do hereby give LEGALNAME2 permission to treat or arrange -for-
> emergency medical care for my child CHILDSLEGALNAME from DATE to DATE.  {I agree to be responsible for any reasonable and necessary medical expenses incurred as a result of {LEGALNAME2) seeking medical care for Child) "

I'd delete "emergency" and just say "necessary"--as (?) 'Wolf said, if
it really is an emergency, the waiver isn't really necessary.  But if
it's a minor injury--sprained ankle, ear-infection, etc.- then you
really need the permission--and the doctors often just want to make sure
they get paid.  Get copies of any proof of insurance for the kids, just
in case.

Just to make them happy and to make it look pretty, I'd have the
signature notarized.

My tuppence--

AElfwyn

AElfwyn