[Ansteorra] Measuring Change...

Denni Lozos webefroggy at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 04:18:38 PDT 2006

Elfsea Springfaire was the first event that I have attended in
eons.  Now that school has finished, and I've been working (more
than) full time, seems that there isn't much time for doing the
things that I used to do....

The things that used to draw me to eventing in the first place
were all represented.... friends who made the effort to come
long distances in spite of gas prices, peers and nobles who
dressed as peasants to stage a 'peasant revolt', combatants on
the rapier field who fought in my honor and hammed it up and
showed their skills and creativity while brawling in a pub (with
a killer lobster...), Aeron CUT HIS HAIR..., Conal recognized as
a White Scarf, finally reflecting on the outside what has been
flowing through her heart and soul for years, and seeing
children compete viciously for beads in order to win "a great
prize" (and more importantly, to be called up in Court and
recognized by us all!).

My biggest reality check was these kiddos....  Liam Gordon and
his beautiful wife were in attendance too, with not one, but TWO
kiddos. (oops...knew about one..but adorable Chase was an
exciting surprise!).  Anthony, Xene and Llewellyn's son, was
there, but if you're looking for him you'd better look
UP...since he's a head taller than I am now.  He's joined
Rhhoad, and has big plans for training with Sir Corwin...

Trevor, Fheargus and Arabella's son, ran his own archery
tourney, much to the chagrin of the adults.  He organized a very
difficult tourney, and challenged the most seasoned archers...
and ran it WELL.  He confided that he was nervous, and asked for
advice on how to help everyone enjoy the tourney, and have it be
successful...very adult-like.

Debbie, Darius and Rosalee's daughter, is beautiful!! She no
longer will be dismissed as one of the kids, as her mature
feminine features can not be overlooked.  Darius, I suggest
following her around with a baseball bat to beat the boys back,
love....

My own two kids, with whom I've spent time with constantly,
suddenly seem much older as well.  When seen in context next to
the other kids, I see how much they really have grown as well.
I heard continually how much I need to "keep an eye" on Lexie,
and was asked all day whether Niko was there (he was, he was
standing right there...just guess he looks different)

This Kingdom and Her People have been a part of my life now for
more than a decade.  My kids know no other life without it.  The
people have shaped what they are (that DOES explain some of the
strange behavior...)

I thank Ansteorra for growing older with us... and doing so
gracefully! I cherish the moments we all talk about while
passing around a flask under a pavillion, and I look forward
again to being a part of the 'larger picture'!

Kisses and Hugs to my homeys!! (gawd, I channelled Lexie
again...)

Allyson "I regret leaving early to go to work" Tymmes....

Allyson Tymmes