[Ansteorra] Measuring Change...

Genie Barrett maggie.gene at justinanimator.com
Sun Apr 23 18:29:05 PDT 2006

At 06:18 AM 4/23/2006, you wrote:

>MUCH SNIPPAGE..
>This Kingdom and Her People have been a part of my life now for
>more than a decade.  My kids know no other life without it.  The
>people have shaped what they are (that DOES explain some of the
>strange behavior...)
>
>I thank Ansteorra for growing older with us... and doing so
>gracefully! I cherish the moments we all talk about while
>passing around a flask under a pavillion, and I look forward
>again to being a part of the 'larger picture'!

Thank you, my lady, for this message.  I want to add my own thanks.

My daughter of five years went to Springfaire as her second SCA
event, as she has only been part of our family since Christmas.  She
had a wonderful time, made many great friends, and wants to go to
"another one" as soon as possible.  It is very comforting to me that
I can trust the people who play this game to keep my daughter
safe.  Thanks to everyone for giving me the peace of mind to know
that, even though there may be things that I don't like about the
SCA, it is one of the few places where I KNOW that my daughter is
SAFE.  That alone would keep me coming back.

Lady Maggie MacPhaerson
Bard of Elfsea (as of yesterday)