Trust and caution Re: [Ansteorra] Measuring Change...

Chris Backus cebackus at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 23 19:59:09 PDT 2006

I'm glad you had a good experience!  Congrats on becoming the Bard of Elfsea
from a prior Rapier Champion of Elfsea!

In general, people in the SCA and especially Ansteorrans look out for each
other and especially look out for women and children.  There are always a
few bad apples, though - people who don't conform to our standards of
behavior.  The SCA is not a crime free zone.  Not only might there be human
hazards, no matter how rare, but we camp in some fairly primitive areas and
there are natural hazards to consider.  So be sure to keep an eye out for
your kids.  If we all do that, we'll keep it just as safe as you're
describing!

No offense intended and I hope nobody takes any!

Hawkins