[Ansteorra] Principality?

Chelsea Williams baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 23 18:51:25 PDT 2006

>Bottom line: adding more political layers to the kingdom doesn't  reduce
>anyone's travel. The folks >who only attend local events will  continue to
>only attend local events. The folks who travel will  >continue to travel.

I think that's a pretty smart statement, and it's true.  My origin in the
SCA lies in the Western Region, so to Western Region events I go. I opted
for Champions of Bonwicke over Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame, and Elfsea
Springfaire.  I opted for Bonwicke's 12th Night over Steppes 12th Night. I
live in Steppes now. Those are 6 and 7 hour drives for me. I make it gladly
to be with my first friends in the SCA. It's always worth it, as it's always
worth it to drive to Bedford for fighter practice. As far as I can tell
making principalities isn't going to solve the gas problem. What's going to
solve the gas problem is the oil providers deciding to take mercy on us poor
Americans and dropping the cost of oil, or for the government to get
involved. We can make principalities but like the good gentle that made the
above statement, we're still going to travel, and some are still going to
stay local.  Besides, socially or politically or physically, I don't care
how it's divided up, I don't want Ansteorra divided up. And that's just what
*I* want and that's my opinion. Not meaning to offend.
-Grainne NicPadraig