"Principality" history (was: Why? (was Re: [Ansteorra] Principality?))

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 25 05:50:33 PDT 2006

At 06:49 AM 4/25/2006, you wrote:

>Okay, I've heard that a bunch of times, now, but no one has stated clearly
>and concisely just what it was that happened, how it was that it was ugly,
>and how it made folks turn against the concept.  Could someone do that,
>for the benefit of those of us who haven't been part of the Kingdom of
>umpteen years? *
>
>- Zubeydah
>
>(*spoken with curiosity and a true desire to understand.)

Some years back there was a movement in the southern region to investigate
turning it into a principality. I recall that there were a number of
meetings to discuss the issue, exactly where the boundaries would be, what
its name might be, etc.

*I* don't recall that it ever turned "ugly", but maybe I was just being
oblivious.

         -Tivar Moondragon