[Ansteorra] Independence, anyone?

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 25 10:59:46 PDT 2006

On Apr 25, 2006, at 11:00 AM, <aoife at cableone.net>
<aoife at cableone.net> wrote:

> It's real easy for me to understand how the early American
> colonists felt when the subject
> of independence versus self-rule came up!  Or even how settlers
> felt when the question of
> statehood came up.  I recall that some of the arguments pro and con
> got pretty 'heated'.
> The arguments on this list concerning the 'P' word :) seem awfully
> darn close!
>
> Aoife

Actually, Ansteorra was born from an independence movement. It was
mutual -- Atenveldt wanted us to be a Principality (and then Kingdom)
as much as we wanted it -- but, still...

Take a look at the Kingdom arms. See the flames rising from the base?
That's the setting sun of Atenveldt, with the arms of Ansteorra
rising above it.

Even if that was done "tongue in cheek" (which I believe that it was
-- mostly) I think it's fair to say it was an emotional issue at the
time.

Michael