[Ansteorra] Principality?

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 21:47:10 PDT 2006

Again, they are still Ansteorrans. They have been before, are now, and would
continue to be so.

You say they're different? I'll tell you about different. How many Barons do
you know that can issue Grants, give AoAs? None, right. I know one, and only
one. The Palatine Baron of the Far West. We were completely separated from
the West, but we were still West Kingdom. We were proud of that fact, even
though we had little contact with the Kingdom at large. We were also VERY
proud of the fact we were a Palatine Barony, an almost unique entity in the
SCA (completely unique in the fact our Coronet can give traditionally
Kingdom level awards on their own initiation without the Crown). However, we
always considered ourselves citizens of the Realm. Our pride in ourselves
grew so that we went out of our way to support the Kingdom in any way we
could. That got us noticed, and got us our special status. Service to the
Crown, as a "different" entity.

I agree that a Principality is different, but I don't have to convince
people to STOP being Ansteorrans. People just need to START thinking of
themselves as a Principality.

I beg to differ that there isn't the Regional pride. I see it all the time.
Everyone seems to be proud of their region and their group. I see several
Baronies that work together all the time, and a few that are almost
inseperable. Seems to be the beginnings of a Principality to me.

Faelan