[Ansteorra] The real problem . . . Population-S

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 29 18:22:33 PDT 2006

At 11:17 AM 4/29/2006, you wrote:
>Lady Maili
>
>For years, I have considered school demos a case of spinning our wheels - a
>waste of time that very few of our people had to waste - your comments have
>made me see another side.
>
>I can't imagine life without the SCA, and I can't imagine a world without
>the SCA - in order for that to happen, we have to have new members from now
>until eternity (that's how long I expect the SCA to last) - so school demos
>ARE a good idea - you're right - very little immediate return, but the
>potential in the future is great!!
>
>Thanks for the flip side!
>Deirdre

There's another aspect of school demos to consider. The SCA's charter says
that we're supposed to be an educational organization. While we spend most
of our time educating ourselves, it'd be useful if, say, the IRS ever
decided to look into us, to have a stack of thank-you notes from various
schools to show how we're doing education outside our own little group as well.

         -Tivar Moondragon