[Ansteorra] Royal Navy Pot Luck Dinner at Belane

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 17:55:25 PDT 2006

Goode Gentles of Ansteorra,

  The rumors that are circulating are quite true. Your
Royal Navy  IS having a Pot Luck Dinner at Beltane,
and it IS open to all who attend the event.
  We ask that you bring a side dish, your own feast
gear, your own beverage, your own seating, and your
appetite.
  So far, the list of main dishes being supplied by
the fleet, include;
    8-10 Gallons of shrimp/crab Gumbo
    2 large  batches of red beans and rice
    40 pounds of chili
    3 different beef stews
    baked ham
    roast turkey
    roast venison

  This  is your chance to enjoy the cooking skills of
your navy's finest cooks, and to meet and get to know
your navy.

  In service to the Crown, Kingdom, and the Dream,
I am, and remain, your host,

              Ld High Adm Robert Haddock: Commander in Chief, Ansteorran Royal Navy(By Wind & Wave, This We Shall Defend)
  Cheiftain, Clan Haddock(Clann Abair Cach); Personal bodyguard, Triumvirs of House Lightning Mist  ;
   Shieldbrother to Lord Gunnar of Gunnarsstead; Nightwolf

  Ansteorra expects that we do our duty. You cannot do more, you should never want to do less.
   To do your duty is not to do all that is expected of you, nor is it to do your best. To do your duty is to do everything you can find that needs done, and do it exactly right. Then find more that can be done, and do it, also.