[Sca-cooks] 10th cent Welsh foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 14:41:23 PDT 2008

Morvran ab Thomas of Cardiff, 10th Cent Welsh Merchant, asked:
<<< Looking to do a Feast in my persona of 10th Cent Welsh.  The
thing is I am having trouble finding sources and documention.  If
anyone can help. >>>

There are few, if any, medieval recipes from Wales, much less that
specific century.

However, perhaps these Florilegium files in the FOOD-BY-REGION
section might help:
fd-Wales-msg      (30K)  1/29/08    Food of medieval Wales. Recipes.

There are also these files in the CULTURES section, although I don't
remember how much food info is in them.
Wales-lnks        (24K) 10/26/03    Web links to info on medieval Wales
                                        by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
Wales-msg         (86K)  1/ 3/05    Welsh culture. avail. newsletters.
Roman-Wales-bib    (9K)  7/23/99    Bibliography on Roman Wales by
Tangwystyl.

You might also try plugging in "Welsh" or "Wales" into the search
engine on the top page of the site, which might find some Welsh
recipes or documentation in other places, such as feast reviews.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com