[Ansteorra-announce] Stefan's files for September

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Aug 31 23:00:53 PDT 2001

Greetings to the Known World,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for September telling what
is new in the Florilegium.

If you were a teacher as this past Pennsic War, I would like to
consider your class handouts for inclusion in the Florilegium. Many
handouts are not complete enough to stand alone as an article in
the Florilegium without the class they were written for. However,
many do quite well this way. So please consider sending me your
handouts for consideration. The copyright, as always, stays with
the author and I will accept updates or withdrawal requests. This
applies to any SCA or medieval handout, not just those for Pennsic.

I am also always interested in articles.

The Florilegium now has a search engine link on the front page. Please
let me know if you find this useful or any other suggestions or
criticisms that you might have about the Florilegium.

Stefan

-------------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eleven years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special
marker in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file
-updated-files is a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

If you find a bad link or other problem with the Florilegium website,
please let me know. Once I know about a problem I can usually fix it
that day but if no one alerts me to a problem it may be months before
I notice it myself.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    THLord Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
    Ansteorra                             mark.s.harris at motorola.com

The new files for this month are:
under ANIMALS:
   Featherd-Gold-art    "Feathered Gold, Golden Feathers"
                           by Ld. Daniel Raoul le Vascon.
under CELEBRATION:
   Documentation-art    "Documentation - a Quick and Painless Guide"
                            by Ld. Daniel Raoul le Vascon.
under CRAFTS:
   ceramics-bib         A ceramics, pottery and tile bibliography.
under FEASTS:
   A-French-Meal-art    "A Spring Supper by the Seine" by Her
                           Ladyship Katja Davidova Orlova Khazarina.
   Fst-Managemnt-art "Feast Management" by Lady Eden Blacksmith.
under FOOD:
   gazpacho-msg         A soup or sauce of vinegar, garlic and bread
   pasta-gnocchi-msg    Period gnocchi pasta. Recipes.
   pierogies-msg        Stuffed dumplings/pies from Eastern Europe.
under FOOD-FRUITS:
   dates-msg            Period date fruits. Recipes.
   plums-msg            Period plums and plum recipes.
under PENNSIC:
   P-Food-Safety-art    "Pennsic Food Safety" by Andrew MacRobb.
   Pennsic-water-msg    Dealing with the Pennsic drinking water.
under PERIOD-THOUGHT:
   Love-in-th-MA-art    "A Little Bit of Love in the Midde Ages"
                           by Lady Eden Blacksmith.
under PERSONAL CARE:
   Sex-in-the-MA-art    "A Little Bit of Sex in the Middle Ages"
                           by Lady Eden Blacksmith.

Here are a few of the files that have been updated this month:
   bananas-msg         Period bananas. When and where known.
   beer-msg            Making beer, period beer and ale. Hops.
   cheesemaking-msg    Comments and info. on cheesemaking. Recipes.
   Gypsies-msg         Gypsy culture. Also called Rom or Romani.
   sign-lang-msg       Sign language in the SCA and in period.
---
Copyright 2001, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net