[Ansteorra-announce] Three Anstrorran Army Captaincies Opening

GuyLestran at aol.com GuyLestran at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 11:31:41 PDT 2001

Scout Captain: In Charge of the Army's Scouts.  This officer will be
responsible for raising and organizing the Army's Scouts for use at Gulf and
Pennsic.  Scout Captain will be part of the warlords staff and will assist in
the training, organization and deployment of the Army's Scouts.  Scouts will
be used to both gain intelligence in places like the woods battle at Pennsic
and for communication runners on the battlefield. This position is open to
anyone who can wear a scouting helm and wants to assist in starting something
new which will go far to helping out Army move and communicate on the field.
I don't require this to be a heavy fighter, just people able to be on the
field and direct the scouting and communication efforts. Requires at least a
2 year commitment.

Siege Captain: Responsible for training, organizing the Armies Siege Weapons
and deploying them on the field at Gulf Wars.  This includes siege weapons
(ballista, catapults, etc.) as well as sapper weapons like ramps, towers,
tunnels (well if we had the time), other secret weapons used for the defense
or assault of the castle (I won't name them here but I have a few ideas).
Deployment includes controlling the siege weapons fires in both the defense
and assault to ensure effective fires and synchronization of all weapons
during the fighting.  Job will entail working both within and outside of the
Regional Command Structures to track the status of all weapons and crews.
This position is open to anyone who can wear a scouting helm and wants to
assist in starting something new which will go far to helping out Army
dominate the field.  I don't require this to be a heavy fighter, just people
able to be on the field and direct the fires and siege efforts. I would
expect this person to be an authorized on siege weapons to get that way soon
after being selected. Requires at least a 2 year commitment.

Archery Captain.  Responsible for training, organizing and deploying the
kingdoms combat archers them on the field.  Job will entail both working with
the regional commanders to ensure they have archers fighting for and with
their units and scooping up and organizing the loose archers who do not fight
in any one unit.  Loose archers will be formed into 3-5 archer kill teams and
trained on killing targets which are a threat to both king and country. The
Archery Captain will also be responsible for controlling those units on the
field, both in the offensive and defense.
This position is open to anyone who can wear a scouting helm and wants to
assist in starting something new which will go far to helping out Army
dominate the field.  I don't require this to be a heavy fighter, just people
able to be on the field and direct the archers fires. I would expect this
person to be an authorized combat archer to get that way soon after being
selected, though they do not have to participate as such during the battle.
Requires at least a 2 year commitment.

Anyone interested in these jobs please email me, also get the word out to
your friends who do not have email access.  I will try and get this posted in
an up coming black star so everyone can read it.  These jobs require a 2-3
year commitment.  As these positions are a new idea job descriptions may
change slightly as we work things out.

After Council with my staff (the regional warlords) I will recommend 2-3
names for each captaincy to the king for his approval.

In Service I am
Guy
Kingdom Warlord