[Ansteorra-announce] Another Successful Lughnasad!

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad2 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 22:45:33 PDT 2001

Greetings from Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain,
Co-Autocrat of Lughnasad

I am very pleased to announce that Lughnasad was a
great success, in spite of storms that threatened at
times to wash us away.  (But then, that's not unusual
at the First Monday site, is it?)

My heartfelt thanks to all the good gentles who
attended in spite of the bad weather (at least it was
a little cooler than last year <grin>), and to the
many of you who helped in everything from marshaling
to water-bearing to feast preparation and the myriad
of other tasks that needed to be done to make our
event a rousing success.

Special thanks to Lord and Lady Loch Ruadh, Galen and
Allesandra, Baron and Baroness of Elfsea, for bringing
their beautiful new son for us all to admire.  Oh, yes
- and for holding Court, as well. <grin>  Lughnasad,
and indeed the Canton of Loch Ruadh, could not
continue to succeed without their help and support,
and that of all of our friends in Elfsea.

The rain could not dampen Ansteorran spirit and
enthusiasm, and although activities and schedules had
to be shifted around to accommodate the sporadic
downpours, we managed to get through most everything.
(I am disappointed that the Donnybrook had to be
cancelled, but children throwing waterballs in the
middle of a thunderstorm did not seem like a wise
idea.  There's always next year, after all.)

Again, the thanks of a grateful, tired and very happy
Autocrat to all who attended, participated, helped
out, and enjoyed themselves.  Loch Ruadh certainly
enjoyed hosting you, and we look forward to doing so
again next year.

In Service.
Padraig
Co-Autocrat of Lughnasad