[Ansteorra-announce] New fighters tournament @ Castellan

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon Jun 4 09:19:04 PDT 2001

Although others posted results from Saturday's events to the list, I
also wanted to point out that on Sunday we had a New Fighter's
Tournament at Castellan.  The format was a mini-grinder (in the spirit
of the Drighton Tournament), with three rounds.  The first round was
single sword, the second was great axe, and the third was fighter's
choice.   Each round was 5 minutes long, with each fighter attempting to
get as many wins and fights in as possible.  There was a ten minute
break between the rounds. The winner would the person with the most
wins, with the tie breaker being the most fights.

Five fighters attended, and all acquitted themselves greatly.  The
winner of the tournament was Mongo from Northkeep.  Mongo won the
tournament with 9 wins and 16 fights.  He beat out Ld. Canacan O'Connor
from Rundel by ONE fight (Canacan had 9 wins and 15 fights).  Ld Canacan
was compensated though by being chosen the most honorable fighter by the
List mistresses and the marshals.

Mongo was given a gorgeous gothic dagger donated by Ld. Alton le Peto,
and Canacan was given an EXTREMELY large knife donated by Hans and
Monica from the shire of Brad Leah.

I hope that ALL of the contestants in the new fighters list continue to
grow and improve, and I thank them for participating in the list.

I wish to thank all those who helped out with the list, including my
lady Gilyan for being the list mistress, my squire brother Alton for
Marshalling and donating prizes, Ldy. Julienne for waterbearing, and Ld.
Angus Gunn for heralding, and finally the Autocrats for allowing us hold
the tournament.

Additionally, there was a Youth Rapier Tournament held on Sunday of
Castellan.  However, I can't remember who won. perhaps HL Maria Theresa
Giovanni can fill us in?

Ld. Jean Paul de Sens
Fourth Baronial Drighton, Northkeep.

Carl Chipman