[Ansteorra-announce] Rain and travel to kingdom warlord.

Charley Atchley Charley at lcc.net
Fri Jun 8 19:01:07 PDT 2001

Hello All

I have been following the overly optimistic weather assessments from the
autocrats for Kingdom Warlord. I think everyone should be aware that before
you leave your home check the road reports.

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/hcr/main.htm

We have had a lot of rain and it has created a very dangerous situation in
San Jacinto, Montgomery, Polk and Walker counties. If you are traveling from
the western part of the kingdom, then these counties are in your path. We
have had nineteen inches of rain at our house in the last two days. We can
not leave our house because the roads have two feet of water flowing over
them.

I copied the following from the national weather service:

* FLOODING IS EXPECTED IN OR NEAR... CONROE...CUT AND
SHOOT...HUNTSVILLE...NEW WAVERLY

WALKER COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE REPORTS FM 1097...HIGHWAY 150...AND FM 1374
CLOSED. WATER WAS REPORTED INTO SOME HOMES IN THE NEW WAVERLY AREA WITH 2
PERSONS RESCUED. US HIGHWAY 75 IN NEW WAVERLY IS REPORTED TO BE WATER
COVERED.

MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE REPORTS WIDESPREAD FLOODING OF STREETS AND
SECONDARY ROADS ACROSS THE COUNTY.

SMALL CREEKS...STREAMS...BAYOUS..AND FARM-TO-MARKET OR OTHER SECONDARY ROADS
MAY FLOOD QUICKLY. AVOID LOCATIONS WHERE WATER COVERS THE GROUND!

Athaulf Sweinbrothar

Sometimes human beings are very much like bees. Bees are fiercely protective
of their hive, provided you are outside it. Once you're in, the workers sort
of assume that it must have been cleared by management and take no notice;
various freeloading insects have evolved a mellifluous existence because of
this very fact. Humans act the same way.
- Good Omens, by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman