[Ansteorra-announce] (no subject)

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Tue Nov 6 15:13:50 PST 2001

Greetings unto the populace of Ansteorra from HL Gerald of Leesville,
Liaison for the SCA demo at TRF for the 2001 season.

Today (Tuesday, Nov. 6th) I received a phone call from Jeff Baldwin,
entertainment director for the Texas Renaissance Festival.  He informed me
that there are people who are claiming to be members of the SCA (and
participants of the demo) who are violating one of the primary rules for all
TRF participants.

There is a west gate that can be used as a short-cut to the patron's camping
ground area, where there is no (as far as I can tell) curfew for those who
want to indulge through the night.  TRF rules for participants concerning
the west gate and the patron camping grounds (those who pay money to get in)
are as follows:

"Participants caught sneaking in or out of the west gate to the patron
camping grounds will be terminated.  If participants wish to join the
patrons in the camping ground they may drive around to the main entrance and
pay the $20 fee, at which time they will not be allowed back in to the back
gate as a participant."

These rules have been posted in all of the newsletters that have been given
out at TRF.  If participants in the demo are not reading the TRF newsletter,
they should, since we are a part of the participants at TRF and the rules
applying to them apply to us as well.

In the future, the guards at the gates will ask for the names of those who
are claiming to be with us.  If they aren't with the SCA demo (and we'll be
able to tell by the sign-in sheets), we can inform TRF management of this
and they can then take further actions as they see fit.  If they are with
the SCA (have received a free pass to participate in the demo) they will no
longer receive a free pass for the rest of this year, as well as next year.

I don't want everyone to think that Mr. Baldwin's attitude toward us is
anything but positive.  His call to me was more informative than accusatory,
and in a meeting two weeks previous to this he informed me that he was very
satisfied with our demos both on the field as well as in and around the
compound.  I  hope that this is nothing more than people claiming to be in
the SCA demo who are, in fact, not.  I am, however, prepared to insure that
those who cannot be bothered to follow the rules will not jeapordize the
position we've been able to obtain through hard work and perseverance.

I thank you for your time and patience.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
HL Gerald of Leesville
TRF Liaison - 2001 season
trf_liaison at hotmail.com
281.773.7922