[Ansteorra-announce] Kingdom Law Printing

Trish Kvamme oneblondemuse at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:27:33 PDT 2001

Greetings Ansteorra!

I wanted to take a moment to thank some people who made the newest printing
of Kingdom Law possible.

It has been more than 4 years since this task was done, and the newest issue
will contain all of Kingdom Law, along with the Constitutions of the Awards
of Ansteorra, making it a complete version of Kingdom Law.

A copy will be sent to all paid members who receive the Blackstar.

This version will show all law changes made and still in force from the last
version printed.

It will also show the names of the Crown's who have made any revision or
update to any of the Kingdom's Awards.  This information was carefully
collected by Master François and Baron Borek, and for their long hours of
collecting data and preparing it for printing We are most grateful.

Because Law requires any change on a constitution to show the name of the
Crown who updated it, you will see Our name on many as punctuation, grammar,
and sentences had to be restructured for printing.  In some cases no
constitution existed and had to be created.  The constitution is what makes
the award part of law and part of Our Kingdom's traditions and history.
This difficult work was accomplished by Master Darius, and although the
awards and the meanings were left completely unchanged, printing them and
getting them into Kingdom Law is something that was necessary and a
difficult task, and to Master Darius as well as the College of Heralds and
the Landed Nobility of Ansteorra, Our thanks for your hard work in
accomplishing this.

To Count Jason and Countess Sareid, Our thanks for beginning this task.

To Master Richard Fairborn, Our thanks for overseeing and organizing, and
helping us herd cats at times.

To Master Darius of the Bells and Baron Borek, Star Principle Herald of
Ansteorra, Our thanks and much appreciation.

To Lord Timothy of Glastonbury, Our thanks for printing, stapling and
organizing a crew to accomplish the physical reality of this task, you were
wonderful!

To The Honorable Lady Rosalia O Brogan for assisting with technical writing
and acting as a human thesaurus at times, thanks you!

To Don Modius, Master of the Laurel and Pelican and Herald Extraordinaire,
Our thanks for reading this all at Crown Tournament and making it legal, as
well as finding and documenting any necessary punctuation, spelling, or
errors in the Law Book so that an addendum page may be created.

Please forgive Us if We have left anyone out.  Those who gave of themselves
to create this great thing for Our Kingdom deserve Our thanks and Our love.

Duncan, Rex                  Larissa, Regina