[Ansteorra-announce] Kingdom A&S event Announcement

Andrea Scott ascott at mail.chem.tamu.edu
Sun Sep 30 11:15:59 PDT 2001

The Shire of the Shadowlands proudly hosts the Kingdom Arts and Sciences
Competition, to be held on November 3, 2001, from 9 am to 10 pm, at the
Texas A&M Married Student Community Center, 202 Charles Haltom Ave (Avenue
B), College Station, TX, 77840

Site fee: Adults $10, Children $4 Family Max $20 with a sideboard lunch
included  (Make checks payable to:  SCA Inc/Shire of the Shadowlands)

Kingdom A & S Competition Rules:

Each entrant is allowed to have one (1) entry in no more than two (2)
categories.  The categories being: Static Arts and Sciences, Performing
Arts, and Scholarly Paper. Two (2) entries in the same category will NOT be
allowed. Two (2) entries are NOT mandatory. Documentation is required.
Scholarly papers should be sent to the Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences
(address listed in the BlackStar) no later than three (3) weeks in advance
of the competition.  DEADLINE: October 12, 2001.     DO NOT SEND MAIL THAT
REQUIRES A SIGNED RECEIPT.

Letters of intent are requested for static displays, so that we may make
sure we have enough tables.  Please send to Abigail Pinel (Andi Scott) at P.
O. Box 1010, College Station, TX  77840 or e-mail to hamletkitty at yahoo.com

For more information and a map visit:
http://shadowlands.ansteorra.org/events/karts

Directions

>From the North, South and East:  Take your best route to College Station -
Highway 6 (Earl Rudder Fwy).  Exit at University Drive /State Hwy 60.  At
the first stop light after crossing Texas Avenue turn right.  Continue as
below

>From the West: Take your best route to Highway 21 East and the outskirts of
Bryan to Highway 47, which will become University Drive/State Hwy 60.
Follow University to the sixth stop light after going under the railroad
tracks.   If you get to Texas Avenue, you went too far. Continue as below.

For all: It will immediately become a T-intersection.  Turn left, going down
Front Street (it parallels University).   Turn right onto Calvin Moore (Ave
A).  Charles Halton (Ave B) is the next right.  The event is in the white
building halfway down on the left

For Further information contact:  Lady Abigail Pinel (mka Andi Scott)
Phone: (979) 845-9165 (m-f 8am to 5pm)     E-mail: hamletkitty at yahoo.com or
abigail at hamletkitty.com

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They may also
attend with a 21-year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from the parents.

In Service,

Abigail Pinel, Event Steward
(Andi Scott)