[Ansteorra-announce] Seawinds Defender 2002! Dec 6 - 8, 2002

Maria Thorne mthorne at interconnect.net
Mon Dec 2 18:42:26 PST 2002

Greetings to all the Gentles of the Realm of Ansteorra!

The Shire of Seawinds is proud to announce that Defender 2002 will take
place on December 6 - 8, 2002! Come one and come all to the beautiful
Ansteorran Coastline and join us in determining this year's Chivalric,
Rapier, and Equestrian Defender of Seawinds! We welcome all of our dear
friends, old and new, to come and enjoy a respite from the fast approaching
hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season.

Seawinds Defender Events:
  Chivalric Tournament
  Rapier Tournament
  Equestrian Tournament
  Arts and Sciences Tournament
  Bardic Tournament
  Children's Bardic Tournament
  There will also be a Silent Auction, a Ladies' Tea, and Children's
Activities.

Site and Directions:
Defender 2002 will take place at Rob and Bessie Welder Park in Sinton, TX.
The site opens on Friday at 5:00pm and closes on Sunday at 1:00pm and
features camping space, flush privies, showers, and a covered pavilion for
feast. We are permitted above ground fires only.  Also, camping will be
located much more conveniently this year.  There is also camper & RV space
available for rent through the park office.

The park is located about 2 miles north of Sinton on Hwy 181. If you are
coming down I-37 from San Antonio take the Hwy 77 exit towards Victoria (77
North). Go about 15 miles on Hwy 77 to Hwy 181, then go north (left) on Hwy
181 towards Beeville. The Park is approximately 1 mile on the right hand
side of the road. Look for the big archway that says Rob and Bessie Welder
Park. Follow the SCA signs. From Houston, take 59 to Victoria and get on 77
South. Go about 65 miles to HWY 181.

Hotel Information: Best Western, 8108 Hwy 77, Sinton, 361-364-2882
Visit this link for information on this beautiful site:
http://www1.freewebs.com/fatbill/Sinton/sinton.html

Site Fees: Adults:$8.00, Ages 7 - 13:$5.00, 6 and under:free
Feast Fees: Adults:$7.00, Ages 7 - 13:$4.00, 6 and under:free

The site is wet in period containers, please.
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minors may also
attend with a 21 year old adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from the parents.
Pets are permitted on leashes with a copy of a current rabies certificate to
be shown at gate. Horses must have written proof of a negative Coggins test.

Feast Menu:
Come and dine on a sumptuous feast prepared by Lady Mary Bradford. Feast
reservations are still available. Please call 361-937-3122 or e-mail
seirra78415 at yahoo.com to reserve. If you had made reservations before
Defender was cancelled, we will still honor your reservation.

1st. Course
Onion Soup
French Bread
Honey Butter

2nd. Course
Baked Ham
Marinated Green Tomatoes
Eiric's Green Beans

3rd. Course
Chicken Hot Dish
Candied Yams

4th. Course
Cranberry-Apple Pie
Iced Tea will be provided

Event Steward: Lord Eiric mac Giollah Mhartain
Event Co-Stewards: Lady Catriona and Lady Marguerite du Bois

We hope to see you all there!

Thank you,
Your friends in the Shire of Seawinds