[Ansteorra-announce] An Apology From The Baron's Men

Steve Hemphill producer at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 16 15:00:48 PST 2002

Greetings unto Ansteorra,

It is with a sad heart that I must announce that The Baron's Men will not
be performing their production of William Shakespeare's "Much Ado About
Nothing" at the upcoming 12th Night celebration in the Barony of the
Steppes.

For 6 months, 35 incrediably dedicated individuals came together and worked
diligently to create a performance experience for which we were greatly
rewarded at our debut at Bjornsborg in October.  Unfortunately, due to
unexpected cast changes, the holidays and a difficult rehearsal schedule,
we were just not able to redevelop our performances to do them justice in
such a short period of time.  It was decided amongst us all that there
should be no performance rather than one that did not meet the expectations
of our ourselves and our audience.  However, it is our hope that our
efforts were not spent only on that one performance and that we will be
able to present our play to you again in the future.

I am doubly saddened as word has reached us that many people who were not
able to attend our Bjornsborg performance were looking forward to our
presentation at 12th Night.  We never thought we would have developed
"fans" as we simply did this to have some fun and to entertain our many
friends around the kingdom.

So to you all, I am terribly sorry and apologize that we will not be able
to keep our commitment to you for Steppes 12th Night.  I hope that you will
still plan to attend the event as Their Excellencies Steppes open their
doors wide once again for Ansteorra to celebrate the holiday season.

Eule von Haginbald,
Director, "Much Ado About Nothing"