[Ansteorra-announce] Gulf War Volunteers

MGreene at mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Thu Feb 21 17:44:03 PST 2002

Greetings unto my fellow Ansteorran's,
I hope this missive finds you all well, and many of you making preparations
to attend this years Gulf Wars event in Meridies.

One activity at War that I always look forward to is Volunteering!   A
chance to paint illuminated scrolls in the scribes building, scrolls that
are needed for the many awards presented to this and other kingdoms.
Spending a day on the field doing Waterbearing, a service needed by ALL on
the many fields of battle.    Working the Troll Gate in the late hours of
the night, greeting folks who have traveled many long hours to arrive at
War, and who are so very happy to have finally made it.

Gulf Wars, an event with over 3000 attendees (and growing), could literally
not happen without Volunteers from all the kingdoms that attend.  If we
hired folks to do the tasks that are required, no one could afford to pay
the gate fee!!

Volunteering is a War Point, which can assist your kingdom in besting
Trimaris on the total outcome.  For every two hours volunteered, you will
receive a raffle ticket for prized donated from the merchants and attendees
at the war, presented after Grand Court.   Volunteering gives you a chance
to serve Ansteorra, and keep Gulf War happening.   Volunteering is a great
way to make new friends, both in Ansteorra or throughout the Known World.
(Gosh, I sound like a political candidate! - ok, off the soapbox).

No, seriously!   Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting some information
about Volunteering at Gulf Wars, some statistics from last year, how the
volunteering thing works, what the volunteer needs really are...
essentially all you need to know about volunteering, so you can plan some
time in your Gulf War experience to Volunteer.  (Please feel free to
forward these notices to other lists not on Ansteorra-announce. )

Ansteorra needs You to Volunteer!

Mistress Hillary Greenslade, Ansteorran Volunteer Co-deputy
along with Mistress Xene Theriane, Ansteorran Volunteer Co-deputy
(hillaryrg at yahoo.com)