[Ansteorra-announce] Equestrian Report for Border Wars

Lisa LeChatton llechatton at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 10:58:35 PST 2002

Equestrian Report
Border Wars - Canton of Lindenwood
Hawkwood Rennaisance Fair; Roanoke, Tx
Feb 15-18, 2002
Field Marshal: Aimee de LongCoeur
Marshal: Edith of Gates Edge
Marshal: Guenevere Cordelia de Maynard

We had lovely weather for riding. Our hosts, the Canton of Lindenwood were
gracious and generous. All the riders enjoyed riding through Hawkwood
Village, many thanks to our street sweepers.

Lady Edith and Lord Corwin from Gates Edge entertained the Baron and
Baroness of Steppes with an exhibition of Mounted Combat. Lord Corwin won
the match. Both riders were duly awarded by their Excellencies.
Lord and Lady Steppes exercised the priviledge of riding on the field and
into court Saturday night.

We had 14 horses - my own Muhani, 2 from Rebecca of Dragonsfire Tor, 2 from
Barra of Steppes (both new to the SCA), Lady Edith's Saxon, and Lady
Guenevere brought 8 horses from Camelot(5 horses from Central and 9 from
Gates Edge).

With 14 horses in attendance we fielded 23 riders. Of those 23 riders,
we had 4 minors riding - Nate Fitzpatrick, William Morrow, Jared and Jacob
of Dragonsfire Tor. We authorized 6 new riders including Lady Bridgette
D'Orleans of Bryn Gwald, HL Arabella de Montacute, and Sir Miguel Sebastian
de O'Porto (yeah! another Ansteorra Knight rides!).

Minors Prize: Nathaniel of Gatesedge - an Advanced (Adv) 21' IKEqC of 119,
rode several horses very well, worked very hard all weekend, played Heads,
Rings, Pig Stick and Javelin well. Nate is 12 years old.

Mounted Combat: Lord Corwin of Saxony on Hobby - no one could get a stick on
him.

Intermediate: Lady Edith on Saxon - Intermediate (Int) 21' IKEqC of 137,
played well at Heads, Rings, Pig Stick, Javelin and Mounted Combat.

Advanced: Lady Guenevere Cordelia de Maynard on Kristis - Adv 21' IKEqC of
148, played well at Heads, Rings, Pig Stick, Javelin

Other IKEqC Scores:
Rebecca of Dragonsfire Tor on Danilala: Int 21' of 117
Barra of Steppes on Roo: Int 21' of 115 on 16th and 114.5 on 17th
Lady Aimee de LongCoeur on Muhani: Int 21' of 102.5

I look forward to the competition at Elfsea Springfaire, which is the next
equestrian event in Ansteorra. I especially invite those Intermediate and
Advanced level riders who have not turned in IKEqC Scores to come to the
tourney field.

In Service,
Lady Aimee de LongCoeur
Marshal - Central Region