[Ansteorra-announce] Stefan's files for March

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 3 19:52:20 PST 2002

Greetings to those across the Known World,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for March, detailing what is
new in the Florilegium this month.

Please remember that I am always looking for good articles to add to
the Florilegium on most medieval and SCA subjects. The author keeps
the copyright. If you have been working with a non-mainstream art,
this is a good way to tell folks about it, and perhaps make contact
with others doing similar projects.

Stefan

-----------------------------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past twelve years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special
marker in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file
-updated-files is a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

If you find a bad link or other problem with the Florilegium website,
please let me know. Once I know about a problem I can usually fix it
that day but if no one alerts me to a problem it may be months before
I notice it myself.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    THLord Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
    Ansteorra                             mark.s.harris at motorola.com

The new files for this month are:
under FOOD-FRUITS:
   Period-Fruit-art   "Fruit of Period Times" by Baron
                         Akim Yaroslavich.
under FOOD-SWEETS:
   mamouls-msg        A Middle Eastern date/nut/dried fruit filled
                         cookie embossed with patterns.
   sugar-icing-msg    Period sugar icing/frosting.
under FOOD-UTENSILS:
   wood-utn-care-msg  Care of utensils made of wood.
under INFO-SOURCES:
   Cockatrice-toc     Table of Contents listing of issues 1-12 of
                         Cockatrice, the A&S nmagazine of Lochac.
under MEDIEVAL LIFE:
   Gram-Letter9-art   "To a Daughter Left Behind" by Lady
                         Shara of Starwood.
   Gram-Letter10-art  "A Grandmother's Concerns and Recollections"
                         by Lady Shara of Starwood.
   Gram-Letter11-art  "Gram Letters: The Conclusion" by Lady Shara
                         of Starwood.
   hist-novels-msg    Reviews of various historical novels.
under NEWCOMERS:
   Y-Join-th-SCA-art  "Why You Should Join SCA, Inc.?" by Meg Baron.
under PEOPLE AND PLACES:
   St-Gildas-art      "A short biography of St Gildas, known as
                         The Wise" by Master Hrolf Herjolfssen.
under PERSONAS:
   Persona-f-Beg-art  "Creating Your SCA Persona for Beginners"
                         by Lady Lucia Borromeo.
   Vikng-Persona-wsh  A Viking Persona worksheet by Mistress
                         Gunnora Hallakarva.
under SCA-CAMPING:
   portabl-holes-msg  What to do when you can't dig holes.
under SCA-INC:
   Guid-f-Barons-art  "A Guide for Barons and Baronesses" by by
                         Baron Hrolf Herjolffsen OP and Mistress
                         Madelaine de Bourgogne OL, OP.
under TEXTILE ARTS:
   merch-needlewk-msg  Merchants of needlework supplies. Reviews.
under UNCATALOGUED:
   p-espionage-msg     Period espionage and spying.

Here are some of the files which have had significant additions this last month:
   bees-msg            Period beekeeping.
   books-food-msg      Books about food. Not cookbooks.
   casting-msg         Casting pewter and other metals.
   fasts-msg           Fasts and fastdays. Food restrictions.
   fd-decoratng-msg    Decorating and presenting period foods.
   fd-Iceland-msg      Food of medieval Iceland. Recipes.
   firepits-msg        Useful ideas for firepits.
   placenames2-msg     More origins and meanings of SCA placenmaes.
   sedan-chairs-msg    Sedan chairs.
---
Copyright 2002, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net