[Ansteorra-announce] How to Apply for Permenant Structures at Gulf War

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at cox-internet.com
Sat Mar 30 18:35:09 PST 2002

    Greetings All,

    Now that groups are beginning to get permanent land at the war, I'm hearing more and more about interest in building permanent structures on that land. Let me first say that yes, permanent structures are permitted, but there are strict guidelines for approval and building. The site owner wants to make sure that any and all structures that are left on his site look nice and won't fall apart in short order.

    So you may be asking what types of structures can we build? Pretty much anything, really, as long as they comply with the site owners' guidelines. People have built (or are building) fences, gates, long houses even bread ovens! (The latter having been built by Loch Sollier!)

    Now you may be asking how you go about getting approval for your project? Simple: Contact me and request a permanent structures packet. The packet contains design specs, example designs and contact information for the Permanent Structures Liaison.

    So if your group is interested in building a permanent structure at the GW site, contact me at the return email address and I'll be happy to answer any questions and send you a packet if you're ready for one.

    In service to Crown and Kingdom,
    Pendaran