[Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] Position Available: Society Librarian/Archivist
riga at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 3 19:52:18 PDT 2002
Position Available: Society Librarian/Archivist
Currently, duties of the Society Librarian/Archivist are as follows:
(1) Assign classification numbers to all periodicals, documents and
letters received, record them in the Kardex notebooks and file them
according to their SCADOC letter/number.
(2) At present files are contained in approximately 100 16" x 12" x 10"
Minimum storage space needed, a 12' x 12' room or building. Soon that
will be inadequate as the amount of material being received increases.
Materials must not be subjected to excessive humidity.
(3) Over 100 local and kingdom newsletters are being received. Law and
issues, fighting handbooks, marshaling handbooks, Orders of Precedence,
Corporate publications, privately published material, etc. are also
being received. These total another 100 plus publications, however,
them are yearly, quarterly and even randomly published.
(4) The Librarian/Archivist fields inquires from members of the
populace, and occasionally nonmembers who are seeking information on a
(5) Monthly the Society Librarian/Archivist and her deputy spend
approximately 20 hours each filing, 6 hours assigning numbers to the
publications and recording them, 4 hours for correspondence (mostly
e-mail), 1 to 2 hours recording new groups and recording those that have
been dissolved by the Board of Directors. All BoD minutes must be
checked carefully for this information.
(6) Legitimate expenses for needed supplies are compensated within
Please send your resumes, Society and modern, to Librarian/Archivist,
SCA Inc., Box 360789, Milpitas CA 95036, or via email to ea at sca.org, by
July 1, 2002.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email comments at sca.org or reply to this message.
Announcements mailing list
More information about the Ansteorra-announce2