[Ansteorra-announce] Tx. Renaissance Fest. final weekend.

Margarita Alvarez serinlerapp at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 06:47:05 PST 2002

Greetings Ansteorrans!

The Texas Renaissance Festival's 2002 season is coming to a close.  This
coming weekend is the final weekend of the festival. This festival located
in Plantersville, just a few miles north of Magnolia, and is  probably the
largest demo opportunity for the SCA in the knowne world.  This is a
wonderful time to show what the SCA is about, and draw new players and/or
members. If you'd like to participate in this demo this coming weekend,
complimentary passes are provided in exchange for approx.3 hours of "work"
each day attended.  "Work" entails fighting, A&S, Heralding, waterbearing,
walking the parade, bardic, working our "info. about the SCA" booth,
dancing, marshalling, and banner bearing.

We only had 3 heavy armoured combatants each day this past weekend, and
although they are great fighters, the fact is it's more impressive to do a
grande melee with a larger number of fighters than that. Not to mention that
they were exhausted after fighting almost every round of every fight. (Thank
you Lord Mattias, Lord Malcolm, and Lord Eadric, your dedication and prowess
on the field was admirable and appreciated.)

So please, if any of you can come out to this demo this weekend, especially
fighters of both marshallates, we would greatly appreciate it.

Passes may be picked up at "troll" in the parking lot of the new Shell gas
station located on Hwy 1774, about a mile and a half south of the TRF's main
entrance. Troll hours will be Friday nights from 6pm-11pm, Saturday morning
8am-11am, and Sunday morning 8am-11am.

To reserve passes please send an e-mail to:  passes4trf at yahoo.com
Include complete Mundane and SCA names of all those needing passes, their
contact info (telephone # and email addy).
If you are unable to reserve ahead of time, you may still come by "troll"
and sign in and pick up passes.

"Troll" is run similar to that of an SCA event, and we will be checking for
membership cards, if you do not have one, you must sign a waiver form.
Children will also need a completed "consent to participate form" if not a
member. Minors not accompanied by their parent, must also bring a notorized
consent form signed by their parents, and must be accompanied by a parent
authorized adult.

For more info on TRF and it's location please check out the TRF web site.

I hope to see many of you out there serving your kingdom proudly!

In service,
Lord Bowen Scheurer le Taureau, TRF Liaison