[Ansteorra-announce] Silent Auction to benefit the Ansteorran Gate Fund

Maureen Faulkner ladydaungerous at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 15:42:51 PDT 2002

Good gentles,
Again I write of the silent auction to be held at
Crown Tourney in Stargate, Nov. 2, to benefit the
Ansteorran Gulf War Gate Fund.
We have had several people offer goods and
services for the auction.
Special thanks to Brenna MacDonald, who has
pledged to embroider a personal device to order
on a collared shirt. A sample of embroidery will
be available at the auction table.
Still, we need more stuff! Please consider
looking in your SCA closets and sewing rooms.
Remember, this auction is for the greater glory
of Ansteorra. (Besides, we need to show up
Trimaris, right? Right!)

I repeat a portion of my former announcement:
We will be pleased to accept any and all
donations  for this auction. Used or new items in
good shape are sought. They do not have to be big
items suitable for prizes, though those are very
welcome.
Services are also eagerly sought as donations. A
musician could donate a promise to
serenade a lady; a person gifted in sewing could
create a banner to order; a sketch artist could
promise a sketch; a talented coiffeur could
donate a promise to do beautiful braids or other
hairstyles for a special event, etc.
What can you do well that you could donate as a
service?
Please contact me, Maureen Faulkner, with
donations. Depending on the size of the item, you
could get it to me before the event or bring it
to the event. For those donating services, I will
try to make up a suitable sign to put on the
auction table.

Donate items or services! Spend money at the
auction! Get ready to show up Trimaris!... but I
mean that in the nicest possible way :-)

Maureen Faulkner
Coordinator, Westgate Auction for the Ansteorran
Gulf War Gate
ladydaungerous at yahoo.com
281.240.3806 (no calls after 9 p.m. please)