[Ansteorra-announce] Seawind's Defender / King's Lancer CANCELLED

Lawrence Ruiz lawrence.ruiz at charter.net
Thu Oct 24 17:03:12 PDT 2002

Lords, Ladies, and kind Anteorrans all,

It is with great sadness that I must cancel Seawind's Defender.  I have spoken with the mystics (National Weather Service here in Corpus Christi - I have a back line for work) and they forcast the same to worse weather through this weekend.  While all of Seawinds wants to extend our hospitality to you in the worst way, we also want everyone to arrive and depart safely and with the tremendous flooding here it would not be possible.

Another great concern for us was the equestrian activites and with the tremendous rain, travelling with the beasts would not be fun.  And Seawinds is all about having fun!

We regret any inconvenience this may cause you and look forward to seeing you next year for our wonderful event Siege / Coastal Invasion.

I remain

HL Lawrence the Rampant of Ram's Isle
Seneschal

PS - of course now that I cancelled it the weather is going to clear up and be a beautiful weekend (j/k)